Atalanta's first season in the Champions League has been quite a wild ride.
After claiming only one point from their first four group games, they've stormed back into contention and had now booked an unlikely quarterfinal berth after an 8-4 aggregate win over Valencia in the round of 16. The side from Bergamo has now scored 100 goals in all competitions, making them a highly entertaining side to watch.
🎭 Iličić takes centre stage
- Josip Iličić is only the third player to score 5+ goals over two legs of a Champions League knockout tie, after Lionel Messi for Barcelona vs Bayer Leverkusen in 2011-12 (6) and Cristiano Ronaldo for Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich in 2016-17 (5).
- Iličić has also become the oldest player to score an away Champions League hat-trick, aged 32 years and 41 days.
🎯 Atlanta's goal flurry across all competitions
- Atalanta has played 34 games this season.
- They've scored 2+ in 24 games.
- They've scored 3+ in 15 games.
- They've scored 4+ in 9 games.
- They've scored 5+ in 5 games.
- They've scored 6+ in 4 games.
- They've scored 7+ in 3 games
- Atalanta has scored 13 goals in their last four Champions League matches.
- Atalanta's two matches against Valencia in the round of 16 produced 12 total goals and they scored eight of them.
Let's see if tonight's Champions League action can provide the same level of entertainment offered by Iličić and Atalanta.
📲 Follow PSG vs Dortmund live on Futaa!