African stars dominate the Top 10 highest paid footballers in the French second division, Ligue 2.
According to the list released by respected France Football, there are six African footballers in the top 10 list, a stark contrast to the same Ligue 1 ranking. There's no African player in the top ten highest players in Ligue 1.
Zimbabwean international and Le Havre forward Tino Kadewere leads the African legion with £700,000 annual pay package. The second African is Malian Birama Toure on £456,000 followed by Mohammed Yattara from Guinea on £420,000.
Here are the top 10 highest paid players in Ligue 2
- Tino Kadewere (Zimbabwe, Havre AC): 720,000 euros
- Guillaume Gillet: 480,000 euros
- Hervé Bazile: 470,000 euros
- Birama Touré (Mali, AJ Auxerre): 456,000
- Mohamed Yattara (Guinea, AJ Auxerre): 420,000 euros
- Sylvain Marveaux: 420,000 euros
- Fabien Lemoine: 420,000 euros
- Prince Oniangué (Congo, SM Caen): 390,000 euros
- Ernest Seka (Guinea, Nancy): 384,000 euros
- Jordan Adéoti (Benin, AJ Auxerre): 360,000 euros