The Premier League has announced one positive case of coronavirus from 1,197 samples across the fifth round of testing this week.
The case is from Tottenham Hotspur and the club has released a statement, but, the individual's name has not been disclosed.
In a statement published on the Spurs website, the North London club said: "We have been informed by the Premier League that we have received one positive test for COVID-19 following the latest round of testing at our Training Centre.
"Due to medical confidentiality, the individual’s name will not be disclosed."
"They are currently asymptomatic and will now self-isolate for seven days, in line with Premier League protocol, before undergoing further testing."
"We shall continue to strictly adhere to the Premier League’s Return to Training protocol, which ensures our Training Centre remains a safe and virus-free working environment."
Here are the full results from all the Premer League rounds of testing:
- Round 1: 17-18 May - 748 tested, with six testing positive from three clubs.
- Round 2: 19-22 May - 996 tested, with two testing positive from two clubs.
- Round 3: 25-26 May - 1,008 tested, with four testing positive from two clubs.
- Round 4: 28-29 May - 1,130 tested, with zero testing positive.
- Round 5: 01-02 June - 1,197 tested, with one testing positive.