The new English Premier League season is just two weeks old but players are already off the mark in the goal-scoring sector.
With Jamie Vardy having collected the golden boot in the past season, there are a number of players who are already up and running for the award with this group led by Everton’s Dominic Calvert Lewin and Tottenham’s Son Heung-Min.
Lewin who scored Everton’s winner in their opening day win over Spurs added a hat trick over the weekend against West Bromwich Albion to take his tally to four in the season. Just as the England striker, South Korean Min bagged four goals in their 5-2 win over Southampton.
Liverpool’s Mohammed Salah comes third with three goals following his hattrick against Leeds in the opening day and his joined by Crystal Palace’ Wilfried Zaha who haunted his former employers Manchester United by bagging a brace in their 3-1 win at Old Trafford.
Leeds trio of Patrick Bramford, Helder Costa and Mateusz Klich, Brighton’s Neal Maupay, Fulham’s Aleksandar Mitrovic, Arsenal’s Alexandre Lacazette, Southampton’s Danny Ings, Liverpool’s Sadio Mane and Vardy are all on two goals.
EPL Top Scorers
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton)
- Son Heung-Min (Tottenham Hotspur)
- Mohammed Salah (Liverpool)
- Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace)
- Patrick Bramford (Leeds United)
- Helder Costa (Leeds United)
- Mateusz Klich (Leeds United)
- Neal Maupay (Brighton and Hove Albion)
- Aleksandar Mitrovic (Fulham FC)
- Alexandre Lacazette (Arsenal)
- Danny Ings (Southampton)
- Sadio Mane (Liverpool)
- Jamie Vardy (Leicester City)