We're opposing a high-scoring match tonight at the London Stadium with away clean sheet specialists Aston Villa in town.
Here are all of the relevant betting facts & figures so that you can make well-informed picks when West Ham United faces Aston Villa.
🗞 Match preview
The last two Premier League meetings between these sides wearing claret & blue have ended all-square and there are plenty of reasons to suggest that we could be in line for a third.
🗿 West Ham's new-found solidity
The Hammers have now won consecutive Premier League games without conceding a goal. They haven’t won three straight EPL games without conceding since 2013-14 and that's a stat David Moyes would love to address. Their last two matches have ended in 1-0 wins and prior to that, they kept the scoreline respectable with a 2-1 defeat at Anfield and a 1-1 draw with Man City.
Moyes' men have won their last two matches 1-0, and prior to that they kept the score down at Anfield in a 2-1 defeat and drew 1-1 with Man City on this ground. Generally, the Scotsman's teams prioritize defence over their attack.
📈 Villa's defence far better away from home
Villa has been a bit unpredictable this season. They claimed four blockbuster wins but then went on to lose at home against Leeds, Southampton and Brighton. Wedged in between those disappointing defeats was a superb 3-0 win at Arsenal. And who can forget their 7-2 win over Liverpool at Villa Park? In theory and on paper, that was a truly shocking and once-in-a-lifetime scoreline.
Six of Villa's eight league fixtures this season have contained fewer than three goals, and it's worth noting that they are yet to concede a goal away from Villa Park.
This should be a fascinating contest between a home side that gives very little away and a Villa team that's both dangerous and defensively secure on the road.
🔮 Likely XIs
🔨 West Ham (3-4-3):
Fabianski; Balbuena, Ogbonna, Cresswell; Coufal, Rice, Soucek, Masuaku; Bowen, Haller, Fornals
🏺 Aston Villa (4-3-3):
Martínez; Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett; McGinn, Luiz, Hourihane; Trezeguet, Watkins, Grealish
🔑 Key betting facts
- West Ham has seen under 2.5 goals in eight of their last nine matches against Aston Villa in all competitions.
- West Ham’s Sébastien Haller ended a five-game drought last time out to take his 2020-21 total up to six - both EPL strikes came after the halftime break.
- The Hammers have won consecutive matches and both wins have been accompanied by clean sheets.
- Aston Villa has kept a clean sheet in each of their last three away matches in the Premier League.
- Aston Villa has also won their last three away matches in the top-flight.
- Villa skipper Jack Grealish has won a foul in each Premier League match he's featured in since the start of 2019-20, a sequence of 44 games.
- Six of Villa's eight EPL matches this season have featured under 2.5 goals and they're yet to concede a goal away from Villa Park in the EPL this season.
- Only Dean Saunders (seven) and Dion Dublin (nine) scored more goals across their first nine top-flight games for Villa than Ollie Watkins (six).
🧠 Futaa bets
📲 Follow West Ham vs Villa live