Drama on matchday 6 of the Champions League is more or less guaranteed if Tuesday night is anything to go by.
Group B is wide open with all four sides in with a shot of making the round of 16.
📊 Group B matchday 6 permutations
- If Shakhtar avoids defeat against Inter, Real Madrid must beat Mönchengladbach in order to qualify for the round of 16. If they don't, they'll partake in the Europa League for the first time in their history.
- If Inter beats Shakhtar and Real Madrid loses to Mönchengladbach, Los Blancos will finish bottom of the group and find themselves eliminated from European competition altogether.
- If Inter beats Shakhtar and Real Madrid draws with Mönchengladbach, the German side wins the group and Real qualifies in second by virtue of their superior head-to-head record with Inter from the group stages.
- If both Inter and Real claim home wins, they'll seal their respective places in the round of 16.
🗓 Champions League MD6 live
- PSG vs Istanbul Basaksehir
- Midtjylland vs Liverpool
- Bayern vs Lokomotiv Moscow
- Inter vs Shakhtar Donetsk
- Real Madrid vs Monchengladbach
- Ajax vs Atalanta
- RB Salzburg vs Atletico Madrid
- Man City vs Marseille
- Olympiacos vs Porto
PSG vs Basaksehir is set to go ahead tonight with the match starting on 14 minutes after it was abandoned last night to tie-up group H, although PSG has qualified regardless of the result.
Ajax vs Atalanta will resolve who goes through as Group D runners-up behind Liverpool, while RB Salzburg and Atletico Madrid are vying for one qualification place. Diego Simeone's side need only avoid defeat to qualify alongside Bayern Munich from Group A.
What a night it promises to be.
🏆 Follow Real Madrid vs Monchengladbach live