Atletico Madrid are back in action in LaLiga this week as they play one of their games in hand against a resurgent Sevilla outfit at the Estadio Wanda Metropolitano tonight.
Here's all you need to know in order to make the best & most well-informed picks with betPawa.
📄 Quick preview
Apart from the loss to Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid has lost none of their other LaLiga clashes this season until now. The host is on a four-game winning streak and is likely to carry that forward that trend in the upcoming match too. Los Indios have picked up 38 points from 12 wins and 2 draws in their 15 league appearances so far this term.
Sevilla is also a strong competitor in the league this season, and they are unbeaten in their last five clashes in the schedule as of late. With their 3-2 win at home against Real Sociedad in the last game, the visitor will be confident of hurting the host’s defense. However, the visitor is eight points behind the home team in the league table.
🔑 Key betting stats
- Atletico Madrid have lost just one of their last 19 LaLiga games against Sevilla, 1-0 at Ramos Sanchez-Pizjuan in October 2016. 17 of those matches have been under the leadership of Diego Simeone.
- Atletico Madrid and Sevilla have drawn their last four encounters in La Liga, the first time they’ve drawn four consecutive games in the top-flight. In fact, the Andalusian team could be the first away side to draw three consecutive league matches at Wanda Metropolitano.
- Sevilla haven’t won a La Liga away game against Atletico Madrid since September 2008, thanks to Luis Fabiano’s direct free-kick goal. Only against Barcelona, are they on a longer current away run without a win than against the Red and Whites (GP11 D6 L5 – also 11 against Real Madrid).
- Sevilla are one of just five teams to have won against Atletico Madrid at Wanda Metropolitano in all competitions (2-1 in January 2018 in Copa Del Rey) – they could be the first side to win twice in Atleti’s new stadium.
- Atletico Madrid are unbeaten in their last 19 Laliga home games, the best current run of any side at home in the competition.
Best bet: Over 1.5 match goals
Follow Atletico Madrid vs Sevilla LIVE on Futaa!