Arsenal will hope to continue their recent revival in the Premier League when Crystal Palace visits the Emirates Stadium on Thursday night.
Here's all you need to know ahead of the match in order to make well-informed picks with betPawa.
📄 Match preview
✅ Arsenal picking things up
The Gunners' home record was much improved under Arteta in the second half of last season but they have been slow to get going at the Emirates in 2020-21. They lost four consecutive home matches in the autumn but the 3-1 win over Chelsea looks to have been a turning point, with Arteta's men winning four consecutive matches across all competitions.
🚆 Palace do well when they score on the road
Crystal Palace's overall record when scoring this season is W6 D4 L1, which indicates they will be in the contest if they can break through an improved Arsenal defence. Furthermore, their record when scoring on the road since the start of last season is W8 D5 L1.
It's worth noting that 11 of the visiting teams this season across all competitions have managed to get on the score sheet at the Emirates Stadium. On the downside for Roy Hodgson, only two teams have conceded more goals this season than Palace (29 in 17 games). For a team usually famed for its defensive organization, that's clearly an area that needs work.
⚽️ Head-to-head history suggests goals
With three of the last four top-flight meetings ending all-square and all of the last six seeing goals at both ends, Arsenal will have to produce a fluent display to get all three points.
🔮 Predicted XIs
🔴 Arsenal (4-3-2-1):
Leno; Bellerín, Holding, Marí, Tierney; Xhaka, Ceballos; Pépé, Saka, Aubameyang; Lacazette
🦅 Palace (4-4-2):
Guaita; Ward, Kouyaté, Tomkins, van Aanholt; Townsend, Milivojević, McArthur, Eze; Zaha, Benteke
🔑 Key betting stats
- Arsenal has kept three consecutive clean sheets in all competitions, they haven't had a run of four straight shutouts since 2016.
- Nine of Arsenal's 13 home games in all competitions this season have gone over 2.5 goals.
- The last six Premier League meetings between Arsenal and Crystal Palace have seen goals at both ends.
- Arsenal has scored at least two goals in seven of their last eight home matches vs Palace in all competitions.
- Alexandre Lacazette has registered the opening in five of his six goalscoring outings in the EPL this term.
- Christian Benteke has scored three of Palace’s last four away goals in the Premier League.
💰 Futaa value bet
🔮 PREDICTION: Arsenal 2-1 Crystal Palace
📲 Follow Arsenal vs Palace live