It’s a top of the table clash when Liverpool host Manchester United at Anfield today!
Here's all you need to know ahead of the match in order to make well-informed picks with betPawa.
📄 Match preview
🛑 Why is this match a big deal?
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's men moved three points clear at the top with a midweek win over Burnley, while Liverpool had the week off following their FA Cup third-round win over Aston Villa schoolboys.
The winner of this game lays claim to top spot, with the Merseyside club taking it on goal difference or United moving six points clear, so let's preview this crucial clash.
🔮 Predicted lineups
Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Williams, Fabinho, Robertson; Henderson, Thiago, Wijnaldum; Salah, Firmino, Mane.
Manchester United XIs:
De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Bailly, Maguire, Shaw; Fred, McTominay, Pogba, Fernandes; Rashford, Martial.
🔑 Key betting stats
- Liverpool have won their last two Premier League games at home against Manchester United, last managing to win three on the trot back in March 2011. In fact, the Red Devils are winless in their last four league games versus Liverpool (D2 L2), their worst run without a win against their arch-rivals since a streak of five between March 2000 and January 2002.
- Liverpool are winless in three Premier League games (D2 L1), failing to score in their last two. They last went four matches without a win in February 2017 (a run of five), while they have not failed to score in three consecutive league games since March 2005.
- Liverpool lost their first league game of 2021 but have not started a calendar year with successive defeats in the top-flight since 1993. However, the Reds are unbeaten in 67 home games in the Premier League (W55 D12), finding the net in each of their last 42 at Anfield.
- Manchester United have won none of their three Premier League games versus Liverpool with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as their manager (D2 L1) – the only two Red Devils managers to fail to win their first four league games against Liverpool are John Chapman (1921-26) and Tommy Docherty (1973-76).
- Marcus Rashford has scored three goals in his last four Premier League games against Liverpool, with these goals being worth four points to Manchester United. Only Wayne Rooney (6), Andy Cole (4) and Ryan Giggs (4) have scored more Premier League goals against Liverpool for the Red Devils.
💰 Futaa best bets
📲 Follow Liverpool vs Man United live on Futaa!