Manchester United and Liverpool played out a tense 0-0 draw in the Premier League just a week ago. But United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believes his side can draw on the heroics of the 1999 treble-winning side in their FA Cup clash today.
Solskjaer scored the winning goal in added time 22 years ago to seal a 2-1 comeback win and knock Liverpool out in the fourth round.
Can the same happen today? Are Rashford and co. up to the task?
🔑 Key betting stats
- Manchester United are unbeaten in their last seven home games against Liverpool across all competitions (W3 D4).
- Liverpool are undefeated in their last 6 matches against Manchester United in all competitions.
- Manchester United have won their last seven home games in the FA Cup without conceding a single goal. The last time they let in a goal at Old Trafford in the competition was in 2015/16 against West Ham United.
- Liverpool have been eliminated from the FA Cup by Manchester United more than by any other opponent in the competition (9 – including final defeats).
- Liverpool have won two of the last three games between the two teams in the FA Cup. However, Manchester United have won all four previous matches against the Merseysiders played at home in the competition.
🔮 Predicted XIs
Man United (4-2-3-1):
De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Telles; McTominay, Fred; Rashford, Fernandes, Pogba; Cavani
Alisson; Williams, Gomez, Fabinho, Robertson; Jones, Wijnaldum, Milner; Salah, Firmino, Mane
✅ Best Bets
📲 Follow Man United vs Liverpool live on Futaa!