The defending European champions, Bayern Munich, already have one foot in the last eight after a commanding 4-1 victory in Rome in the first leg in February, and will be determined to finish the job with a minimum of fuss on home turf.
📝 Match context
With Bayern Munich already 4-1 up against Lazio from the first leg, most people seem to think that progressing in the Champions League is a given.
However, that’s not what Hansi Flick thinks, because that’s the exact kind of mentality that gets you sent home.
While Lazio are in a bit of a rut at this stage of the season, they have plenty of quality on their books. Aside from the known quantities like Sergej Milinkovic-Savic and Ciro Immobile, we are sure most Bayern fans were surprised to see a speed demon like Manuel Lazzari give Alphonso Davies some serious trouble on the wing in the first leg.
A team like that cannot be underestimated, even with a 4-1 lead.
🗞 Team news
Nübel - Pavard, Boateng, Hernandez, Davies - Kimmich, Goretzka - Sane, Müller (c), Coman - Lewandowski
Out: Costa (metatarsal), Hoffmann (knee), Nianzou (thigh), Tolisso (thigh)
Doubtful: Alaba (muscular), Neuer (cold)
Reina - Patric, Acerbi, Radu - Marusic, Milinkovic-Savic, Leiva, Alberto, Fares - Immobile (c), Correa
Out: Anderson (ineligible), Felipe (ankle)
Doubtful: Akpa Akpro (knock), Lazzari (calf)
🔑 Key OPTA stats
- Bayern Munich have scored at least two goals in 16 of their last 18 matches in the Champions League.
- Lazio have won only one of their last 15 away games in the UEFA Champions League (D5 L9). They are winless in their previous eight games on the road in the competition (D4 L4).
- Bayern Munich manager Hansi Flick is unbeaten as a coach in the UEFA Champions League, overseeing 14 wins and one draw till date. During this run, Die Roten have scored 52 goals and conceded only 10.
- Up until this season, no team in the history of the European Cup/UEFA Champions League has ever progressed from a knockout tie after losing the first leg by a margin of three goals or more at home.
- Bayern scored the most number of goals in last season’s Champions League (43), and are leading the way again in 2020/21 with 22 goals in seven matches.
🧠 Best bet: Both Teams To Score and Over 2.5 Match Goals
📲 Follow Bayern Munich vs Lazio live on Futaa!