By now we're all aware that the concept of a one-club player is virtually extinct. Stars like Francesco Totti simply do not grow on trees.
But it's still surprising to note or remember that certain players represented certain clubs because we associate them so strongly with other teams. It's still strange enough to get our heads around the fact that José Mourinho is their current boss!
Did you know that these 10 players once wore the colours of Italian giants Roma?
- 🏴 Ashley Cole (Chelsea legend)
- 🇧🇷 Maicon (Treble winner with Inter)
- 🇧🇷 Cafu (Brazil & Milan icon)
- 🇩🇪 Antonio Rüdiger (Chelsea fan favourite)
- 🇧🇷 Marquinhos (Current PSG skipper)
- 🇪🇸 Pep Guardiola (Current Man City boss)
- 🇦🇷 Leandro Paredes (PSG midfielder)
- 🇮🇹 Luca Toni (World Cup winner with Italy)
- 🇫🇷 Lucas Digne (Aston Villa left-back)
- 🇧🇷 Adriano (Inter cult figure)
Quite an assortment of quality full-backs and South American stars, not to mention Man City boss Pep Guardiola (who made his name with Barcelona before heading off for a stint in Italy with Brescia and then Roma).
Can you think of any other surprise names that have donned the famous I Giallorossi strip?