Pirates once against failed to collect victory against SuperSport United on Wednesday night in a 3-0 thumping. Futaa takes a look at why it is genuine hoodoo.
Last night saw SuperSport needing a victory to kick start their season after opening with a humbling 2-0 loss to Mamelodi Sundowns. And it proved to be the best game for Matsatsantsa to pin such hopes on, with Pirates’ awful history against SuperSport putting the team in blue in a confident mood before the eventual 3-0 win.
A quick look back at the two team’s last 10 previous meetings reveals that Pirates have astonishingly only beaten SuperSport once since 2016.
The beatings Pirates have taken include some embarrassing scores of 6-1, 4-1 and 3-0.
All 10 previous results:
- 15 /08/2019: SuperSport 3-0 Pirates 🔵
- 20/2/2019: SuperSport 1-0 Pirates 🔵
- 15/9/2018: Pirates 3-1 SuperSport ⚫️
- 11/8/2018: SuperSport 6-5 Pirates (penalties) 🔵
- 11/4/2018: SuperSport 0-0 Pirates ⚪️
- 5/12/2017: Pirates 0-0 SuperSport ⚪️
- 24 /6/2017: SuperSport 4-1 Pirates 🔵
- 7/32017: Pirates 1-1 SuperSport ⚪️
- 26 /11/2016: SuperSport 1-0 Pirates 🔵
- 1//11/2016: SuperSport 6-1 Pirates. 🔵
The next game between the two sides will be an Absa Premiership clash on 24 March 2020 at the Orlando Stadium. Will it be payback time or will the hoodoo continue?
Read more: Micho's apology to Pirates supporters
⬇️ Predict 6 EPL football scores with Futaa6 and you could win the $10,000 Jackpot, best of all it’s completely free to play every week in the Futaa Android App Download it now to play!