Ghana international David Accam has emerged has one of the highest-paid African player current plying their trade in the Major League Soccer.
The American League according to Ghana Web is knowing for not paying outrageous like the other leagues in world football but Accam could be pleased with his $1m paycheck that he earns on an annual basis at Columbus Crew.
The 28-year-old is said to be earning $1, 010, 004 which reports claim that is the most that a Ghanaian player bags in the MLS.
In second place is Black Stars defender and Accam’s fellow native and teammate, Jonathan Mensah, who is on a base salary of $ 800, 004.
Harrison Afful, who also plays for Crew, takes home $288, 000 per year while LA Galaxy midfielder Emmanuel Boateng earns $185, 000 a year with Lalas Abubakar of the Colorado Rapids’s yearly base salary pegged at $135, 000.
Minnesota FC’s Abu Danladi earns $145, 000 and Latif Blessing of Los Angeles FC earns $93,750 per year.
The full list of annual salaries of Ghanaian players in the MLS:
- David Accam (Columbus Crew)- USD 1, 010, 004
- Jonathan Mensah (Columbus Crew)- USD 800, 004
- Harrison Afful (Columbus Crew)- USD 288, 000
- Emmanuel Boateng (LA Galaxy) – USD 185, 000
- Abu Danladi (Minnesota FC)- USD 145, 000
- Lalas Abubakar (Colorado Rapids)- USD 135, 000
- Latif Blessing (LA FC)- USD 93, 750
- Kofi Opare (Colorado Rapids) – USD 70, 250
⬇️ Predict 6 EPL football scores with Futaa6 and you could win the $10,000 Jackpot, best of all it’s completely free to play every week in the Futaa Android App Download it now to play!