The first class of club football is back. The 2019/20 UEFA Champions League kicks off eight games across Europe this evening. Mzansi’s Percy Tau won’t be missing out.
World football often has a special African context. While the globe has its two finest footballers in Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, the African continent also has its own icons.
To look ahead to this evening UCL start, Futaa looks at the French publication Afrique Sport’s list of top 10 African stars to watch.
Check out the top 10...
- Mohamed Salah - Liverpool (Egypt)
The 27-year-old Egyptian sensation will lead Jurgen Klopp's side on a mission to lift two back-to-back Champions League titles after winning it in May.
- Kalidou Koulibaly - Napoli (Senegal)
As far as being the complete package, the towering 28-year-old is rated as one of the world's best central defenders behind Virgil van Dijk.
- Sadio Mane - Liverpool (Senegal)
The 27-year-old does not stop scoring. Mane's currently on four goals in five for Liverpool in 2019/20. Last season he delivered 22 in 36.
- Riyad Mahrez - Manchester City (Algeria)
- Thomas Partey - Atletico Madrid (Ghana)
- Hakim Ziyech - Ajax Amsterdam (Morocco)
- Naby Keita - Liverpool (Equatorial Guinea)
- Idrissa ‘Gana' Gueye - PSG (Senegal)
- Victor Osimhen - Galatasaray (Nigeria)
- Muzi Percy Tau - Club Brugge (South Africa).
⬇️ Predict 6 EPL football scores with Futaa6 and you could win the $10,000 Jackpot, best of all it’s completely free to play every week in the Futaa Android App Download it now to play!