Gor Mahia will be coming up against Nzoia Sugar FC in a rescheduled Kenyan Premier League tie at the Mumias Complex on Wednesday 2 October.
Nzoia pulled a surprise in this same fixture last season with Hansel Ochieng, who is currently in the books of AFC Leopards scoring the all-important goal.
They will be looking for the same outing more so with Gor Mahia coming to this after being ousted in the CAF Champions League and Nzoia winning their last game against Kisumu All Stars.
Gor, on the other hand, see this as a good opportunity to cover lost ground with the club having two matches at hand as the league enters its fifth week this weekend.
But what are some of the match facts about this tie?
- In their last seven matches (all competition), there has no draw recorded in this tie. Nzoia has won two matches with Gor Mahia claiming victory in the rest.
- The winner of this tie has kept a clean sheet in five of the seven games.
- The highest winning margin in the game was recorded on September 9, 2017 when Gor Mahia ran 4-0 winners.
- If form is to be considered then Nzoia stands no chance having only won one game in their last seven games with Gor Mahia losing three in the same period.
- Gor Mahia’s Boniface Omondi, Lawrence Juma and Joachim Oluoch will be up against their former employers.