Zlatan Ibrahimović needs no introduction as one of the most recognisable and outspoken figures in world football.
Today he turns 38 and what better reason than to relive some of the special moments he has produced on football pitches around the globe. And of course, no Zlatan article is complete without a few snippets of Zlatan speaking about Zlatan.
🔮 Ibracadabra & acrobatics
☄️ Zlat's stats & clubs
- Won domestic league titles in eight successive seasons between 2003/2004 and 2010/2011 across three different countries.
- Won four consecutive Ligue 1 titles with Paris Saint-Germain.
- Represented Malmö, Ajax, Juventus, Inter Milan, Barcelona, AC Milan, Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester United, LA Galaxy.
- Won 31 trophies.
- Third-most decorated active player in the world.
😮 Ibra's best quotes
- "Zlatan doesn't do auditions." - when Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger offered the then-teenage Ibrahimovic a trial.
- "When you buy me, you're buying a Ferrari. If you drive a Ferrari you put premium petrol in the tank, you hit the motorway and you step on the gas. [Pep] Guardiola filled up with diesel and took a spin in the countryside. He should have bought a Fiat." - on his single season at Barcelona where he endured a tense relationship with then-coach Pep Guardiola.
- "We're looking for an apartment. If we don't find anything, then I'll probably just buy the hotel." - At his unveiling as a Paris Saint-Germain player.
- "We were looking through his playlist in the dressing room -- there was lots of Justin Bieber, Jonas Brothers and Selena Gomez. It is nice to know that even David Beckham doesn't have good taste in everything." - on David Beckham's taste in music.
- "Absolutely not. I have ordered a plane. It is much faster." - on rumours that he bought a Porsche.
- "[Jose] Mourinho is Guardiola's opposite. If Mourinho brightens up the room, Guardiola pulls down the curtains." - on his relationship with Jose Mourinho.
After his highly-decorated career around Europe at some of the continent's biggest clubs, Zlatan has continued to score cracking goals at his new home, LA Galaxy.
There's only one Zlatan. Happy birthday!
⬇️ Predict 6 EPL football scores with Futaa6 and you could win the $10,000 Jackpot, best of all it’s completely free to play every week in the Futaa Android App Download it now to play!