There is an abundance of top talent in European football at the moment, with Borussia Dortmund's Gio Reyna adding his name to an esteemed group of youngsters with assists in the Champions League.
Gio, son of ex-Man City midfielder Claudio Reyna, was born in Sunderland England on 13 November 2002 so he'll have to wait a while still until his 18th birthday.
The tall attacking midfielder's assist for Erling Håland's goal against PSG last week (Håland is still only 19) was only the second time a teenager has assisted another teenager for a goal in UEFA Champions League knockout stage history. The first was all the way back in 1996 when Nigerian Nwankwo Kanu assisted Kiki Musampa for Ajax vs Dortmund. He also became the second-youngest player to ever create a goal in the Champions League.
Chelsea midfielder Christian Pulisic, also an American ex-Dortmund youngster, appears here too.
🥽 Youngest assist-makers in the Champions League
- 🇪🇸 Bojan Krkić (Barcelona): 17y, 91d
- 🇺🇸 Gio Reyna (Dortmund): 17y, 97d
- 🇫🇷 Hatem Ben Arfa (Lyon): 17y, 241d
- 🏴 Theo Walcott (Arsenal): 17y, 250d
- 🇨🇭 Breel Embolo (Basel): 17y, 263d
- 🇺🇸 Christian Pulisic (Dortmund): 17y, 363d
- 🇳🇱 Steven Bergwijn (PSV): 18y, 61d
- 🇧🇪 Andy Kawaya (Anderlecht): 18y, 73d
- 🇮🇹 Mario Balotelli (Inter Milan): 18y, 84d
- 🇧🇷 Vinícius Júnior (Real Madrid): 18y, 118d
- 🇧🇷 Philippe Coutinho (Inter Milan): 18y, 130d
We'll be following a lot of these names closely this season. Some have stayed where they were at the time of assisting these goals, some have moved on to other clubs, but four of them are currently active in the Champions League.
📲 Follow Borussia Dortmund vs Freiburg live on Futaa!
⬇️ Predict 6 EPL football scores with Futaa6 and you could win the $10,000 Jackpot, best of all it’s completely free to play every week in the Futaa Android App Download it now to play!