The 2003/04 season saw Arsenal make history by becoming the first and only side to go through an entire Premier League campaign unbeaten.
Here are the best facts, figures and stats to impress your friends.
🦁 Best facts from the Premier League 2003/04 season
- 2003/04 saw Arsenal win the Premier League title without losing a single game (P38 W26 D12 L0), only the second side to go an entire league season unbeaten in the English top-flight after Preston in 1888-89.
- Arsenal striker Thierry Henry scored 30 goals in the 2003/04 season, eight more than Alan Shearer, his nearest challenger for the Golden Boot.
- Arsenal drew consecutive matches against Portsmouth and Manchester United in September 2003 – the only two sides the Gunners failed to beat during their invincible campaign.
- Portsmouth’s Teddy Sheringham netted the first hat-trick of the 2003-04 Premier League season, against Bolton – aged 37 years & 146 days old, he became the oldest hat-trick scorer in the competition’s history.
- In 2003-04, Bolton’s Jay-Jay Okocha had 137 attempts on goal without scoring – no player has had more than 85 shots in a single Premier League season without scoring since.
- In September 2003, Manchester United’s Ruud van Nistelrooy missed a last-minute penalty at Old Trafford as 10-man Arsenal escaped with a point and their unbeaten record intact.
We'll be back soon with more stats, trivia, quizzes and more from the Premier League and indeed the rest of the world.