Robert Lewandowski is having quite a season in Germany.
The Polish striker scored twice on Saturday night as Bayern Munich beat Bayer Leverkusen 4-2 in the Germany Cup final to complete a domestic double.
The brace was his 50th and 51st strikes for the season in all competitions and, he could add to the figure as the Champions League is set to continue next month.
Back to last night's win, the forward hit a few marks with his brace, and here are five of the best.
- The second goal was his sixth time this season in the DFB Cup, finishing top scorer in the competition, it's the fifth time he's been top goalscorer in the competition; the first player to ever do so
- The Poland captain has scored 51 competitive goals so far this term, similar numbers to his 2015/16 season
- Bayern's third goal on Saturday was their 750th DFB Cup goal, a record in the competition
- Lewandowski scored his 39th DFB Cup goal against Leverkusen, advancing to fifth place in the all-time rankings
- Lewandowski is the first player to score in four finals and the first to find the net in three straight cup finals. He scored against Frankfurt in 2018 and bagged a brace against Leipzig in 2019.
Here's the second goal against Leverkusen, in which Manuel Neuer picked an assist.
MANUEL NEUER, yes Manuel Neuer picks up an assist for Bayern’s 3rd! Scored by Lewandowski. pic.twitter.com/gK0U9e9Y1Z— Take Ballon D’or 2023 (@TechnicalTake26) July 4, 2020