Eddie Howe's Bournemouth outfit got a timeous win in their last match at the Vitality Stadium and another three points against South Coast rivals Southampton would give them faint hope that they can avoid the drop.
Here's all of the key info, our predicted XIs & some tasty betting facts & figures ahead of kickoff.
🧩 Bournemouth vs Southampton key details
- 🗓 19 July 2020
- 🏟 Vitality Stadium
- ⌚️ 16:00 kickoff (EAT)
🧮 Likely starting XIs
🔴 Bournemouth (4-3-2-1):
Ramsdale; Stacey, Cook, Kelly, Rico; Gosling, Billing, Lerma; Stanislas, King; Solanke
🟡 Southampton (4-4-2):
McCarthy; Walker-Peters, Stephens, Bednarek, Bertrand; Armstrong, Ward-Prowse, Romeu; Redmond; Ings, Adams
🔑 Key betting facts
- Both sides have scored in each of Southampton's last three Premier League matches on the road and in four of their last five.
- Four of the last five Premier League meetings between these sides have produced goals at both ends.
- The last five Premier League meetings between these South Coast rivals have produced a total of 15 goals.
- Southampton has drawn their last two away matches in the Premier League.
- Four of the last seven Premier League clashes between these sides have been drawn.
- Southampton striker Danny Ings is the second-highest scoring Englishman in the Premier League season with 19 goals, and third-top scorer overall.