It’s FA Cup semi-final weekend, and two of the Premier League giants collide in a Wembley showdown, as title-holders Manchester City play Arsenal.
Here's all of the key info, our predicted XIs & some tasty betting facts & figures ahead of kickoff on Saturday evening.
🧩 Arsenal vs Man City key details
- 🗓 18 July 2020
- 🏟 Wembley Stadium (London)
- ⌚️ 21:45 kickoff (EAT)
🧮 Likely starting XIs
Martinez, Mustafi, Luiz, Kolasinac, Bellerin, Ceballos, Xhaka, Tierney, Pepe, Lacazette, Aubameyang
🔵 Man City
Ederson, Walker, Laporte, E. Garcia, Mendy, Rodrigo, Mahrez, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Sterling, Jesus
🔑 Key betting facts
- Arsenal’s last three competitive matches saw both teams score, as did two of their four FA Cup games this season.
- Notably, since competitive football resumed, Arsenal have scored the first goal in seven of their nine matches - proceeding to win four of those seven (D1, L2).
- Man City, meanwhile, have reason to be confident here. They’ve scored precisely three goals in six of the seven most recent head to heads, winning all seven, and keeping five clean sheets. Notably, they’ve also led at half time in all of those wins.
- Interestingly, City haven’t drawn in 19 competitive matches (W14, L5). Indeed, things have been one-sided on the day, with just four of those 19 featuring both teams scoring. Regardless, seven of their last nine fixtures saw at least three goals, whilst ten of the last 12 competitive head to heads also produced over 2.5 goals (regular time only).
- Nicolas Pepe scored in the last round for Arsenal - six of his eight goals (in all competitions) this season arrived after half time.
- Gabriel Jesus has two FA Cup goals for City so far, and has netted a first-half strike in three straight matches (in all competitions).