Toronto heads into the playoffs with vast experience of knockout football and that should prove invaluable as they face New York City FC in the round of 16.
📝 Quick preview & tip
Toronto FC is unbeaten in four matches against NYCFC (W3, D1) with two of those matches played in the USA. They’ve also won all three knockout encounters against NYCFC - two by a margin of 2+ goals - and they're in a good position to continue their unbeaten start to 2020 against the same opponents.
🔑 Key betting facts
- Since the start of 2016, Toronto has won nine of 15 playoff fixtures inside 90 minutes (D3, L3).
- Toronto’s Alejandro Pozuelo has scored against NYCFC more than any other MLS opposition and has three goals in his last two starts against them.
- NYCFC has lost two of their last three away games and failed to score in two of them.
- Seven of the last nine head to heads have produced three or more total goals.
- STAT: NYCFC took the most corner kicks in all three group stage fixtures (8.67 average per game).
✅ Futaa Best Bet: Back Toronto to win & over 2.5 goals