All eyes this weekend will be at the Stamford Bridge as Chelsea host Premier League defending champions Liverpool in matchday 2 of the new season.
Jurgen Klopp completed a double over the Blues last season and will be keen to pick a first win on the road.
Ahead of the match, here are some head-to-head records and stats.
Chelsea vs Liverpool head to head
- Chelsea have won one of their last 11 Premier League meetings with Liverpool (five draws, five defeats)
- Last time be Blues won against the Reds was in May 2018 thanks to an Olivier Giroud goal
- Having won just one of their first 16 Premier League away games against Chelsea, Liverpool have won six of their last 12 at Stamford Bridge in the competition
- In all competitions, Chelsea have only failed to score in one of their last 23 meetings with Liverpool, a 0-2 defeat at Anfield in 2018/19
- Liverpool visit Stamford Bridge in the league in September for the third successive year
🔵 Chelsea stats
- Chelsea are seeking a seventh successive win at Stamford Bridge in all competitions since the defeat to Bayern Munich in February
- During that period, the Blues have kept five clean sheets (including against Liverpool in the FA Cup) and conceded just a Kevin De Bruyne goal
- Chelsea will be aiming to keep four consecutive home clean sheets in the Premier League for the first time since January 2018
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their past 13 home league games against the previous season’s Premier League champions, winning the last three
The Blues have won 14 of their past 17 opening home games in the Premier League, losing only to Burnley in 2017
Liverpool were one of the three sides to achieve the league double over Chelsea last season. West Ham and Manchester United were the others.
🔴 Liverpool stats
- Although Jurgen Klopp’s side have won their last three Premier League games, they have conceded seven goals in those matches and nine goals in their past four league encounters
- The Reds have failed to keep a clean sheet in their past six league games
- Liverpool have scored all of their last 16 penalties in all competitions
- Liverpool last lost their first away Premier League game in 2014/15 against Man City (1-3), winning four and drawing one of the five since then
- The last reigning Premier League champions to lose their first away game in a season were Leicester in 2016/17 (1-2 against Hull)
- When the Reds defeated Leeds last weekend, they extended their unbeaten home Premier League run to 60 matches
- Leeds made 33 tackles against Liverpool, the most any team has made against Liverpool in a Premier League game over the past five seasons
Catch the Chelsea vs Liverpool match live on Futaa!