Real Madrid will be looking to record their first LaLiga win of the new season when they head to Seville this weekend to take on Real Betis.
Los Blancos started their 2020-21 campaign with a goalless draw at Real Sociedad on September 20, while Betis have recorded two wins from their two league games this term to sit second in the table.
🏟 Match context
Zinedine Zidane’s men took to the Reale Arena to face off against Real Sociedad but were unable to gain anything more than just a point after a goalless draw. The game did, however, witness multiple great individual performances from Martin Ødegaard, who made his first start for the club and Ferland Mendy.
On the other hand, Real Betis have kicked off their season in flawless fashion under new manager Manuel Pellegrini. In the two matches they have played so far, they have won 1-0 and 2-0 respectively, dominating both games effortlessly. The Chilean manager has implemented some different ideas in the team, which seem to have paid off so far.
The last time Madrid visited Real Betis, they were on the wrong end of a 2-1 scoreline, courtesy of a late winner from former Barcelona winger Cristian Tello. Sidnei was also on target for the Verderones in the 40th minute, but his efforts were cut out through a Karim Benzema penalty five minutes later.
🔮 Predicted XIs
Real Betis (4-2-3-1): Bravo; Emerson, Mandi, Bartra, Moreno; Rodriguez, Carvalho; Fekir, Joaquin, Canales; Iglesias
Real Madrid (4-3-3): Courtois; Carvajal, Varane, Ramos, Mendy; Modric, Casemiro, Kroos; Rodrygo, Benzema, Vinicius
🔑 Key betting stats
- Real Madrid have lost just one of their last six away games against Real Betis. Although, the victory came in their most recent such fixture in March 2020.
- In the last ten meetings between these two sides, Madrid have won just five, while Betis have won three (D2).
- Real Madrid have failed to win against Betis in the last three games (D1 L2).
- Zinedine Zidane and Manuel Pellegrini have met on two previous occasions (the 2015/16 Champions League Semis). Zidane has won one game, while one of them was a draw.
- The meetings between these two sides see a lot of goals. In the last ten games, Madrid has scored 22, while Betis has scored 12, averaging 3.4 goals per game.
✅ Futaa tips
📲 Follow Real Betis vs Real Madrid live