Scott Parker's Fulham outfit will need to show defensive improvements if they are to get anything against a Villa side that enjoys capitalizing on set-piece opportunities.
Here's all of the key info ahead of kickoff at Craven Cottage so that you can make some well-informed betting picks.
🏟 Match context
Fulham has looked uncomfortable defending set-pieces and long balls this season. Given that Villa has scored seven of their last nine by those methods, Scott Parker has plenty of thinking to do. Heavy defeats to both Arsenal (0-3) and Leeds United (4-3) leaves The Cottagers seeking their first win but looking defensively vulnerable at any given moment.
Dean Smith's Villa finished produced a late rally in 2019-20 to finish 17th and they've done some smart business in the transfer window and Smith is eyeing progress up the table. Matty Cash and Ollie Watkins are two talented young prospects, Bertrand Traore is still only 23 but looks like a good addition, whilst goalkeeper Emi Martínez saved a penalty on his Villa debut.
Amazingly, Fulham has won six of their last eight meetings between these sides but the price on the home side tonight just isn't tempting enough, but betting on a high-scoring affair certainly is.
🔮 Predicted XIs
⚪️ Fulham (4-2-3-1):
Areola; Tete, Hector, Ream, Bryan; Reed, Anguissa; Kebano, Reid, Cavaleiro; Mitrovic
🔵 Aston Villa (4-3-3):
Martínez; Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett; Hourihane, Luiz, McGinn; Trézéguet, Watkins, Grealish
🔑 Key betting facts
- None of Fulham’s last 21 Premier League games has finished level, with the Cottagers winning just five of these (L16), and shipping 45 goals in the process.
- Villa hasn't kept a clean sheet in any of their last 26 top-flight away matches.
- Six of Villa's eight goals since football resumed have been scored from set-pieces, with Trezeguet (2), Ezri Konsa (2), Kortney Hause and Ahmed Elmohamady on the score sheet in this regard.
- Villa head coach Dean Smith’s seven managerial head to heads with Fulham have averaged 2.86 goals per game.
- After a 10-game winless run between February-July (D2 L8), Aston Villa is now unbeaten in their last five Premier League games (W3 D2).
- Since his debut for the club in February 2018, Aleksandar Mitrovic has scored 39% of Fulham’s league goals (51/131, excl. play-offs). Their next highest scorer in that time is Tom Cairney with 13.
🪐 Futaa tips
📲 Follow Fulham vs Aston Villa live