The early exchanges of the 2020-21 Premier League campaign bode well for a highly-entertaining season of free-flowing football.
Here are some of the best pieces of trivia to come out of the weekend with VAR and the new handball rule both playing a prominent role.
📊 OPTA roundup: EPL matchday 3
- The Premier League saw seven goals scored from the penalty spot this weekend - 13th/14th September 2003 is the only weekend in the competition's history to see more goals scored from the spot (8).
- Wolves' 4-0 reverse against West Ham is their heaviest Premier League defeat since March 2012 against Manchester United (5-0).
- For the first time in 686 games as a manager, Pep Guardiola has seen his side concede five goals. It is also the first time in 438 games at the Etihad Stadium that Man City has shipped five goals in any competition.
- Leicester City has become the first side in Premier League history to score three goals from the penalty spot in a single game.
- Jamie Vardy has scored six league goals against Pep Guardiola's Manchester City - twice as many as any other Premier League player.
- Only Raheem Sterling (19) has won more penalties than Jamie Vardy (18) in Premier League history.
- Patrick Bamford is the first player in Leeds United's history to score in his first three top-flight appearances for the club.
- Chelsea has become the first Premier League team since West Ham in February 2011 to avoid defeat after trailing by 3+ goals at half-time, a game which was also against West Brom at the Hawthorns, and ended 3-3.
- Since the start of last season, Chelsea has conceded more away Premier League goals than any other side (42).
- Chelsea has failed to keep a clean sheet in 20 of their 21 Premier League away games under Frank Lampard.
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin is the first player to score in each of Everton's first three Premier League games in a single campaign since Steven Naismith in 2014-15.
- Bruno Fernandes' goal at 99:45 is the latest scored in the Premier League since Juan Mata's strike for Chelsea against Norwich in August 2011 (100:03).
- Leandro Trossard is the first player to hit the woodwork three times in a Premier League match since Cristiano Ronaldo vs Newcastle United in October 2006.
Tonight there's action at Anfield with champions Liverpool facing Arsenal and Fulham hosting Aston Villa.
📲 Follow Liverpool vs Arsenal live