Atletico Madrid will be looking to get back to winning ways in LaLiga when they welcome Villarreal to the Wanda Metropolitano on Saturday.
Here's all of the key info ahead of kickoff as Atleti welcome the Yellow Submarine to the Wanda Metropolitano so that you can make some well-informed betting picks.
🏟 Match context
Diego Simeone’s side were unable to follow on from a thumping 6-1 win over Granada in their opening game, playing out a goalless draw against Huesca in midweek.
Villarreal, meanwhile, put their troubles from the weekend behind them after enduring a 4-0 loss to Barcelona, beating Alaves 3-1 on Wednesday.
Atleti went unbeaten against the Yellow Submarine last season, including a 3-1 win on home turf, and Simeone will be hoping for more of the same.
This tends to be the case when Unai Emery faces the capital club. He has only won three times in 23 matches against Atleti, with his last coming back in 2011 as manager of Valencia. The former Arsenal manager will want to buck that unfavorable trend.
🔮 Predicted XIs
Atletico Madrid possible starting lineup:
Oblak; Tripper, Hermoso, Felipe, Lodi; Correa, Saul, Koke, Carrasco; Suarez, Felix
Villarreal possible starting lineup:
Asenjo; Gaspar, Albiol, Torres, Costa; Kubo, Parejo, Iborra, Gomez; Alcacer, Moreno
🔑 Key betting facts
- Ahead of this LaLiga clash, Atlético Madrid have scored exactly twice in one half in a 58.33% majority (seven) of their last 12 LaLiga home wins. That ability to dominate stretches has led to Atlético boasting a current 36-game unbeaten run in home league fixtures played against teams from outside last season’s top two (W28, D8).
- Impressively, eight of Atlético’s last nine home league wins to yield a 2+ goal margin have each seen them win the second half ‘to-nil’. However, they have been level or worse at 29:59 in all of their last six LaLiga home H2Hs vs Villarreal (30’: D5, L1).
- Villarreal’s heavy 4-0 loss at Barcelona (Sep 27) was their second defeat in as many LaLiga away matches, both played against podium finishers from last season. Both matches saw them concede a penalty goal, as they have now done at least once in four of their last six LaLiga away defeats.
- Furthermore, they have lost each of their last eight LaLiga away games against last season’s top three, losing by an average margin of 2.13 goals across those defeats. The visitors have also averaged exactly 1.0 goal conceded inside 30 minutes across their last eight LaLiga away H2Hs against last season’s top three.
- Villarreal took the lead through Paco Alcácer in last season’s corresponding fixture (L 3-1). In turn, five of his seven prior goals for the Yellow Submarine have been match openers.
- In a streak going back to March 2008, none of the last 23 LaLiga H2Hs have produced over 2.5 first-half goals.
🪐 Futaa tips
📲 Follow Atletico Madrid vs Villarreal live on Futaa!