Serie A champions Juventus undertake the long journey to Ukraine, as they meet Dynamo Kyiv in their opening Champions League Group G game today.
The Bianconeri are, of course, without Cristiano Ronaldo for now and failed to overcome lowly Crotone at the weekend without their talisman. Dynamo, meanwhile, won again to top the Ukrainian Premier League by two points.
Here's all you need to know ahead of today's kickoff in the capital so that you can make some well-informed picks.
🧩 Dynamo Kyiv vs Juventus key details
- 🗓 20 October 2020
- 🏟 Stadion NSK Olimpiyskiy, Kyiv
- ⌚️ 19:55 kickoff (EAT)
🖊 Match preview
Dynamo Kyiv come into this match following a 2-0 win over Rukh Vynnyky on the weekend in the Ukrainian Premier League. Goals from Uruguayan winger Carlos de Pena and Luxembourg international Gerson Rodrigues secured the win for Mircea Lucescu's men.
Juventus, on the other hand, drew 1-1 against Crotone on Saturday at the Stadio Ezio Scida in Serie A.
A penalty from Nigeria international Simeone Nwankwo for Crotone was canceled out by a goal from Spanish striker Alvaro Morata for Juventus, who had new signing Federico Chiesa sent off in the second half.
🧮 Likely starting XIs
Dynamo Kyiv Predicted XI (4-3-3):
Heorhiy Bushchan, Oleksandr Karavayev, Illya Zabarnyi, Denys Popov, Vitaliy Mykolenko, Serhiy Sydorchuk, Mykola Shaparenko, Vitaliy Buyalskyi, Viktor Tsyhankov, Vladyslav Supriaha, Carlos de Pena
Juventus Predicted XI (4-4-2):
Wojciech Szczesny, Juan Cuadrado, Leonardo Bonucci, Giorgio Chiellini, Danilo, Dejan Kulusevki, Adrien Rabiot, Arthur Melo, Paulo Dybala, Alvaro Morata, Federico Bernardeschi
🔑 Key betting facts
- This is the first meeting between the two sides in 18 years.
- Dynamo Kyiv have made a terrific start to the season with seven wins and two draws in nine matches in all competitions.
- Dynamo Kyiv have won their last three matches (Champions League).
- Juventus have drawn their last two games 1-1 and are without star man Cristiano Ronaldo once again here.
- Juventus have won six of their last seven matches (Champions League).
- Dynamo Kyiv have scored at least two goals in their last four matches (Champions League).