The international break for November is almost upon us, with clubs battling it out for one last time this weekend before players take off for national team duty, and Barcelona will be locking horns with Real Betis in their final game prior to the two-week hiatus in the 2020/21 LaLiga.
Catalan giants have struggled in the league this season and are in desperate need of a victory at the moment, and here is our preview ahead of this fixture.
🗞 Match Preview
It has been a grim start to the campaign for the Blaugrana who are currently stationed 12th in the table with just eight points from six matches – their worst ever beginning to a league season in eighteen years. Ronald Koeman’s men are currently on a four-game winless streak in the league (D2 L2), with their most recent encounter ending in a -1 draw against Alaves.
Barcelona have been picking up victories in the UEFA Champions League, however, beating Dynamo Kyiv 2-1 earlier in the week. And, they will be hoping to end their wretched run of results in the top-flight this weekend. But things will hardly be straightforward against a Real Betis side, who are coming on the back of a 3-1 win against Elche.
Manuel Pellegrini’s side are currently seventh in the standings, having won four of their eight games so far. In spite of their impressive victory last time out, Los Verdiblancos have been quite inconsistent in the league so far, having lost three of their previous five outings. However, they will be intent on making the most of Barcelona’s current plight in the league.
The corresponding fixture last season saw Barcelona thrash Real Betis 5-2 as Antoine Griezmann led the way with a brace.
🔮 Our Predicted XIs
Barcelona (4-2-3-1): ter Stegen; Roberto, Pique, Lenglet, Alba; Busquets, de Jong; Dembele, Messi, Fati; Griezmann
Real Betis (4-2-3-1): Bravo; Emerson, Mandi, Bartra, Moreno; Carvalho, Rodriguez, Canales; Joaquin, Sanabria, Tello
🔑 Key facts & figures
- Barcelona are without a victory in their last two La Liga games at Camp Nou (D1 L1). The last time they went three without a win at home in the competition was in December 2003, under Frank Rijkaard (D2 L1).
- Real Betis are one of the two teams that are yet to draw a La Liga game in the 2020/21 campaign (W4 L4), alongside Athletic Bilbao. This is the first time that they have not played out a draw in their first eight league games since the 2011/12 season (W4 L4).
- Barcelona have lost just one of their last 18 meetings against Real Betis in the Spanish top flight. However, that defeat did come at Camp Nou in 2018.
- The last five meetings between these two teams in La Liga have been high-scoring affairs, with a total of 29 goals being scored (Barcelona 20, Betis 9).
- Barcelona’s tally of eight points in six La Liga games this season is their worst start in the competition since 2002/03. The Catalans finished sixth in that campaign.
🪐 Futaa bets
🪐 Follow Barcelona vs Real Betis live on Futaa!