FC Barcelona head coach Ronald Koeman has confirmed that he has taken a wage reduction.
There had been reports on Friday that the team was willing to take another wage reduction to save the club from the vagaries of coronavirus that had hit the club finances and the same was confirmed by the Dutchman who said they had to look at the club’s financial situation.
"We have to look at the club's financial situation. We have to help it, out of love for this club. I'm ready to help.
"It's also good that the players have reached an agreement. We have to think about what's best for Barcelona," Koeman said.
The announcement was made on a day that the club was boosted by the return of Sergio Busquets and Sergino Dest ahead of their league game against Osasuna.
Busquets has missed the last two Barcelona games after suffering a knee injury away on international duty with Spain with Dest eased back into full fitness by Koeman in recent weeks.
Koeman still faces selection issues at centre back with Oscar Mingueza set to continue alongside Clement Lenglet in between Jordi Alba and Dest.