This is the highest-scoring fixture in the history of Serie A, and there's reason to believe that it will deliver goals again on Sunday at the Stadio Olimpico.
Here's all you need to know in order to make the best & most well-informed picks with betPawa.
📄 Quick preview
Roma finds themselves in the thick of the title race after five wins in their last six Serie A matches. Paulo Fonseca's men have been strong starters, opening the scoring in all six of those matches and conceding just once before the break for five halftime leads in that sequence.
Inter's surprise defeat at Sampdoria on Wednesday brought their eight-match winning streak to an abrupt end, hardly ideal preparation for a battle with in-form Roma and they also have Juventus on the horizon next.
Six of Roma's last seven games in all competitions have produced at least four goals, and with Inter simultaneously a constant threat in attack and vulnerable at the back, they're always entertaining viewing for the neutrals.
With high-quality strikers such as Edin Džeko, Romelu Lukaku and Lautaro Martínez on display, goals are guaranteed in The Eternal City this Sunday.
Could these traditional Italian giants draw a sixth consecutive top-flight head to head?
🔮 Predicted XIs
🟠 Roma (3-4-2-1):
López; Mancini, Smalling, Ibañez; Karsdorp, Cristante, Veretout, Spinazzola; Mkhitaryan, Pellegrini; Džeko
🔵 Inter (3-5-2):
Handanović; Škriniar, De Vrij, Bastoni; Hakimi, Barella, Brozović, Vidal, Young; Martínez, Lukaku
🔑 Key betting stats
- There have been 503 goals scored in 174 Serie A matches between Roma and Inter at a healthy average of 2.9 goals per game.
- Eight of Inter’s last nine Serie A matches have produced over 2.5 goals, with seven featuring both teams scoring, including the last four in a row.
- Roma midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan has eight goals & seven assists in 16 Serie A appearances this term.
- The last five Serie A meetings between Roma and Inter have been drawn.
- Inter is undefeated in their last six matches against Roma in all competitions.
- Inter has scored at least two goals in their last three away matches against Roma in all competitions.
- Each of the last six H2Hs held here has featured both teams scoring, with four producing over 3.5 goals.
- Lautaro Martínez has scored six of his nine Serie A goals after the break this season.
- Three of Inter’s last five competitive away outings have seen them score exactly three goals, with the Nerazzurri netting nine of their 12 goals across those five fixtures after the break.
💰 Futaa recommends: Over 3.5 goals
🔮 SCORE PREDICTION: Roma 2-2 Inter
📲 Follow Roma vs Inter live