The Premier League rolls on! Manchester City’s game today is against Manchester United!
📝 Match context
In the first Manchester derby of the season back in December, the game ended in a 0-0 draw with neither team being able to find that little bit of magic needed to put their team ahead.
There is no doubt City have been massively impressive this season, currently on a 21-game winning-streak and leading the table by 14 points. However, Man United have a record of their own, currently sitting on a run of 21 away games unbeaten. So, the question today will be which record is going to be broken first.
This time around, there is just as much of a chance that it will end up being a toughly fought match, with both sides looking to take all three points. What is certain is that quality and creativity are going to be the two deciding factors potentially leading one team into creating a chance and sealing the victory.
🗞 Team News
Pep Guardiola’s side will, for the first time this season have everyone healthy!
For United, Phil Jones and Juan Mata are out, add David De Gea following the birth of his first child. Anthony Martial, Donny van de Beek, and Paul Pogba are all doubts after missing the midweek draw with Crystal Palace.
Man City possible starting lineup:
Ederson; Cancelo, Dias, Stones, Zinchenko; Gundogan, Rodri, De Bruyne; Foden, Sterling, Bernardo
Man United possible starting lineup:
Henderson; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw; McTominay, Fred; James, Fernandes, Rashford; Cavani
🔑 Key OPTA stats
- Manchester City have lost three of their last five home games against Manchester United in the Premier League including the corresponding fixture last season.
- Manchester United are unbeaten in their last 21 Premier League matches away from home.
- Manchester City are unbeaten in their last 28 matches across all competitions. The Cityzens have won each of their previous 21 games – the third ever longest run in all competitions among teams in the big five European leagues.
- All of Manchester United’s last three games in all competitions have ended in goalless draws. Never have they played out four consecutive 0-0 draws in their history.
- Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero has scored nine goals in 16 appearances against Manchester United in all competitions. However, eight of those came in his first eight derbies, with the Argentine scoring just one in his last eight such games.
🧠 Best bet: Man City to win at FT
📲 Follow Man City vs Man United live on Futaa!