Jadon Sancho finally breaks silence on 2020 Euro final racial abuse
General

Jadon Sancho finally breaks silence on 2020 Euro final racial abuse

Manchester United's incoming star attacker Jadon Sancho has said he has at last finished reflecting on last week's racial discrimination against him and his two teammates.

As reported here on Futaa, Sancho, Marcus Rashford and Bukayo Saka suffered racial abuse on social media after missing respective penalty kicks during the 2020 Euro final loss to Italy.

The 21-year-old took to Instagram to send out a message that echoed racism "will never win."

"I'm not going pretend that I didn't see the racial abuse that me and my brothers Marcus and Bukayo received after the game, but sadly it's nothing new. As a society we need to do better, and hold these people accountable," he said on the social network.

"Hate will never win. To all the young people who have received similar abuse, hold your heads up high and keep chasing the dream. I am proud of this England team and how we have united the whole nation in what has been a difficult 18 months for so many people. Much as we wanted to win the tournament, we will build and learn from this experience going forward."

"I want to say a massive thank you for all the positive messages and love and support that far outweighed the negative."

Meanwhile, Sancho is expected to join his new teammates at Man United after passing his medical test earlier this week. 

The Red Devils will kick off their preseason match friendlies against Wayne Rooney's English Championship giants Derby County on Sunday.

Follow Derby vs Man United live on Futaa!

  • England - Next Match
  • 9, Oct - 9:45pm
Go to Event