The 2018/19 CAF Confederation Cup has stepped into the business end of the competition, with CAF revealing the last 16 draw on Monday in Cairo.
Futaa takes a look at which teams featured in last term’s last 16 and how Morocco’s Raja Casablanca claimed glory.
2018’s final 16:
- Algeria - USM Alger
- Sudan - Al-Hilal
- Democratic Republic of the Congo - AS Vita Club
- Nigeria - Enyimba
- Ivory Coast - ASEC Mimosas
- Tanzania - Young Africans
- Republic of the Congo - CARA Brazzaville
- Ivory Coast - Williamsville AC
- Egypt - Al-Masry
- Ghana - Aduana Stars
- Kenya - Gor Mahia
- Mali - Djoliba
- Morocco - Raja Casablanca
- Morocco - RS Berkane
- Mozambique - UD Songo
- Rwanda - Rayon Sports.
Raja’s road to glory:
Pitted in an unforgiving Group A draw alongside Vita, Aduana & Asec Mimosas, the Moroccan finished top with three wins & two draws from six matches.
- 3-1 aggregate win over Congo Brazzaville's CARA.
- 3-1 aggregate win over Nigeria’ Enyimba
- 4-3 aggregate win over Congo’s Vita.