The Blues will be hoping to call on their excellent FA Cup record against in-form Manchester United to dig them out of their current domestic hole.
It's an intriguing matchup with numerous betting options. Which bets have we gone for on betPawa?
- Safer bet = 💰
- Riskier bet = 💣
In what is unquestionably the standout tie of this round, last year’s finalists clash over a place in the FA Cup quarter-finals, meeting in the FA Cup for the 16th time in 111 years. It's Chelsea who has the edge in recent encounters, but it's Man United with most of the current momentum. A 2-1 loss to PSG aside, United has been on a phenomenal run in the Premier League. Chelsea, in contrast, lost 6-0 at Man City in embarrassing fashion. In terms of the head to head record, Chelsea boasts a rich vein of form over United in this competition, having now won four times (including last year’s final) and drawn once against United since their last FA Cup defeat to the Red Devils, way back in March 1999. With Chelsea's last six matches across all competitions producing over 2.5 goals, we should definitely be in for the same here in a fiery contest.
FA Cup holders Chelsea will assess the fitness of several unnamed players ahead of Monday night's tie. Ruben Loftus-Cheek's ongoing back problem kept him out against Malmo, while Marcos Alonso was rested for that game - both could return. Manchester United forwards Anthony Martial and Jesse Lingard face at least a fortnight out because of respective groin and hamstring injuries. Teenagers Tahith Chong and Angel Gomes may feature, along with Marcos Rojo. Full-backs Matteo Darmian and Antonio Valencia remain sidelined. Cup goalkeeper Sergio Romero will continue in goal in place of David De Gea.
- Chelsea could become the first team to eliminate Manchester United in five consecutive FA Cup meetings.
- The Red Devils have won just two of their last 22 away games against Chelsea, failing to win any of their last nine.
- This will be the 64th time in less than 22 years that these two clubs have met, making it the most-played fixture between English sides since the start of the 1997-98 season.
With Chelsea's psychological edge over United, double chance backing the home side OR a draw priced at 1.34 looks like safe money. However, even more value lies in the following bets:
- Over 2.5 goals priced at 1.90 is our best bet 💰
>> [bet now]
- A DRAW priced at 3.40 is our risky bet of the day 💣
>> [bet now]