Last weekend’s 2019 AFCON qualification conclusion has confirmed nine footballers who’ve emerged as the top goalscorers, and Nigeria’s Odion Ighalo tops.
Nigerian, Burundian and Comoros strikers have emerged as the AFCON qualification sharp shooters after six matches. The highest scorer Ighalo, is a name you may have heard of. The former Watford striker, now plays his football for Chinese side Shanghai Greenland Shenhua.
Other probable familar names on the list are the likes of Abdul Razak (Burundi) and Zimbabwe's Knowledge Musona.
Full scorers list in Six games:
- Odion Ighalo (Nigeria): Seven goals
- Fiston Abdul Razak (Burundi): Six goals
- El Fardou Ben Nabouhane (Comoros): Five goals
- Knowledge Musona (Zimbabwe): Five goals
- Mateus Galiano (Angola): Four goals
- Mohamed Salah(Egypt): Four goals
- Anis Saltou (Libya): Four goals
- Percy Tau (South Africa): Four goals
- Naim Sliti (Tunisia): Four goals.
Read more: The 24 Nations that qualified for 2019 AFCON