Following AFCON 2019, African football’s notorious habit of chopping and changing coaches continued once more. Futaa looks at the list of coaches who’ve taken the exit door.
The most high profile exit was actually the first casualty in the form of Egypt’s Mexican coach Javier Aguirre, he was soon followed by quite another big name leaving a big nation: Frenchman Herve Renard leaving Morocco.
However, it is worth mentioning that rather than getting fired, a few of the coaches who have left did so by resigning due to the failure of not seeing eye to eye with the relevant federations.
With a total of 12 out of 24, here’s a full list of the gone:
- Algeria: Djamel Belmadi - Stayed
- Angola: Srdjan Vasiljevic - Uncertain future
- Benin: Michel Dussuyer - Stayed
- Burundi: Olivier Niyungeko - Stayed
- Cameroon: Clarence Seedorf - Gone
- DR Congo: Florent Ibengé - Gone
- Egypt: Javier Aguirre - Gone
- Ghana: Kwesi Appiah - Stayed
- Guinea: Paul Put - Gone
- Guinea Bissau: Baciro Candé - Stayed
- Ivory Coast: Ibrahim Kamara - Gone
- Kenya: Sébastien Migné - Gone
- Madagascar: Nicolas Dupuis -Uncertain future
- Mali: Mohamed Magassouba - Uncertain future
- Mauritania: Corentin Martins - Stayed
- Morocco: Herve Renard - Gone
- Namibia: Ricardo Mannetti - Gone
- Nigeria: Gernot Rohr - Stayed
- Senegal: Aliou Cissé - Stayed
- South Africa: Stuart Baxter - Gone
- Tanzania: Emmanuel Amunike - Gone
- Tunisia: Alain Giresse - Stayed
- Uganda:Sébastien Desabre - Gone
- Zimbabwe: Sunday Chidzambwa - Gone.
⬇️ Predict 6 EPL football scores with Futaa6 and you could win the $10,000 Jackpot, best of all it’s completely free to play every week in the Futaa Android App Download it now to play!