African players have excelled throughout the Premier League era, including regular goal contributions from some of the finest strikers in world football.
Can you name all 21 African players to have scored at least one hat-trick in the Premier League?
Nigerian Efan Ekoku was the first player from the continent to claim a Premier League match-ball and there have been 20 ever since between 1993 and 2020. Which star will be next?
🎩 African stars & their EPL hat-tricks by club
- 🇳🇬 Efan Ekoku - Norwich City
- 🇿🇼 Peter Ndlovu - Coventry City
- 🇬🇭 Tony Yeboah - Leeds United (2)
- 🇳🇬 Nwankwo Kanu - Arsenal
- 🇳🇬 Yakubu - Portsmouth (2), Everton, Blackburn (2)
- 🇸🇳 Henri Camara - Wigan
- 🇨🇮 Didier Drogba - Chelsea (3)
- 🇹🇬 Emmanuel Adebayor - Arsenal (3)
- 🇿🇼 Benjani Mwaruwari - Portsmouth (2)
- 🇨🇮 Aruna Dindane - Portsmouth
- 🇨🇮 Salomon Kalou - Chelsea
- 🇨🇲 Somen Tchoyi - Newcastle
- 🇸🇳 Demba Ba - Newcastle (2)
- 🇳🇬 Peter Odemwingie - West Brom
- 🇨🇲 Samuel Eto'o - Chelsea
- 🇨🇮 Yaya Touré - Manchester City
- 🇨🇩 Yannick Bolasie - Crystal Palace
- 🇸🇳 Sadio Mané - Southampton (2)
- 🇨🇮 Arouna Koné - Everton
- 🇩🇿 Riyad Mahrez - Leicester City
- 🇪🇬 Mohamed Salah - Liverpool (3)
What a brilliant list of goal-getters. The likes of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Nicolas Pépé will be hoping to add their name to the roll of honour, and Sadio Mané should add another hat-trick or two to the list, this time in Liverpool colours.
In the new 2020-21 Premier League season, six players have scored hat-tricks with Mohamed Salah's treble on the opening day against Leeds the sole African representative in that list.
Watch Salah & Mané when their Liverpool side travels to Man City this weekend.