The international breaks are at times worst nightmares for club managers across many domestic leagues.
Rightly so, the breaks bring unwanted interruption to the much-loved league action, with fans going for two weeks without watching their favorite teams.
It also comes at a cost in some cases as key players suffer from all manner of injuries, which in the end frustrates managers and clubs.
After two weeks of international matches, the second of the new campaign, clubs will be welcoming back their players who were involved with their national teams.
Some will, however, be without key players for their domestic matches, after suffering injuries.
Here is a list of some of the players who suffered various injuries;
- Mateo Kovacic
- Ethan Ampadu
- N'golo Kante
- Reece James
- Trevor Chalobah
- Andreas Christensen
- Neymar Jr - PSG
- David De Gea - Manchester United
- Victor Lindelof - Manchester United
- James Maddison - Leicester
- Alexis Sanchez - Inter Milan/Manchester United
- Luka Modric - Real Madrid
- Gareth Bale - Real Madrid
- Dani Ceballos - Arsenal
- Reiss Nelson - Arsenal
- Christian Eriksen - Tottenham