Nigeria U23 coach Imama Amapakabo is well aware his future is uncertain and is waiting for the Nigeria Football Federation to make a call.
Amapakabo became under fire after his U23 side failed to successfully qualify for the crucial 2020 Olympics. Nigeria lost to Ivory Coast before a goalless draw with South Africa.
Additionally, Imama also didn’t meet the previous two mandates to win the 2019 WAFU as well as making CHAN 2020.
“It is totally out of my hands. We have to look at the future; this has ended, whichever way we want to look at it,” Imama told Brila.
“And it depends on what the federation wants in terms of going forward,” he added.
Nigeria U23 Olympics record:
- Madrid 1992 - Did not qualify
- Atlanta 1996 - Gold Medal
- Sydney 2000 - Quarter-finals
- Athens 2004 - Did not qualify
- Beijing 2008 - Silver medal
- London 2012 - Did not qualify
- Rio 2016 - Bronze medal
- Tokyo 2020 - Did not qualify.