A Manchester derby on a Wednesday night. What more can we ask for as football fans?
Manchester City will be looking to book their place in the Carabao Cup final for a third successive season when they host Manchester United at the Etihad in the semi-final second leg.
📝 Match Preview and facts
Both teams head into the fixture following commanding FA Cup displays at the weekend with City thrashing Fulham 4-0 at the Etihad and Manchester United enjoying a dominant 6-0 victory at Tranmere.
United has no reason but to go for this and they should score against a City backline that is usually suspect without Aymeric Laporte, regardless of changes made by Pep Guardiola.
- Manchester City is looking to become only the third team to reach three League Cup finals in a row, after Liverpool (four in a row between 1981 and 1984) and Nottingham Forest (1978 to 1980).
- Man United is looking to record consecutive away victories against Man City for the first time since winning four in a row between November 1993 and November 2000, with all wins in that run coming in league games.
✅ Betting tips
While United should put up more of a fight than they did two weeks ago, we still expect City to canter through to the final. United will likely have to find an early goal to impose themselves on opponents who would have learned from their defeat in the same fixture last month.
💵 Our expert bets
- Back over 1.5 goals in the first-half priced at 2.09
- Back over 2.5 goals priced at 1.40
- Back BTTS priced at 1.68
- Shoot for the moon and back Man United to score over 1.5 goals priced at 4.10
📲 Follow Man City vs Man United live on Futaa!
⬇️ Predict 6 EPL football scores with Futaa6 and you could win the $10,000 Jackpot, best of all it’s completely free to play every week in the Futaa Android App Download it now to play!