Arsenal surprised new Premier League champions, Liverpool, on Wednesday night as they picked a 2-1 win at the Emirates in a league match.
The visitors looked comfortable in the opening minutes and even took the lead on the 20th minute through Sadio Mane, but two errors by Virgil van Dijk and Alisson Becker undid the work condemning them to yet another defeat on the road.
The defeat set some records and broke some, and take a look at a number of them.
Stats from Arsenal's win
- Arsenal defeated Liverpool in the Premier League for the first time since April 2015
- It is also the first time Jurgen Klopp has lost against the Gunners in the competition (W5 D3) previously
- Liverpool suffered their first league defeat in a game in which they opened the scoring since April 2017, ending a run of 83 consecutive league games without losing after scoring first
- This was Arsenal's first Premier League win against the team starting at the top of the table since February 2016, losing each of their previous five
- Liverpool have conceded 10 goals in their last five Premier League away games - as many as in their previous 19 league games on the road
- Sadio Mane has scored six goals against Arsenal in the Premier League, only scoring more against Crystal Palace (nine)
- Arsenal's equalizer came from the first error made by Virgil van Dijk that has led to a goal in the Premier League since March 2019
- Alexandre Lacazette has been directly involved in four goals in three Premier League appearances against Liverpool at the Emirates Stadium, scoring twice
- Reiss Nelson netted his first Premier League goal for Arsenal, becoming the fifth different player aged 20 or under to score for the Gunners in the competition this season along with Saka, Nketiah, Martinelli, and Willock