In a once-off Europa League round of 16 tie we expect Inter's superior quality and form to propel them to the quarterfinals although Getafe won't make life easy in Gelsenkirchen.
Inter meets Getafe here in the Europa League round of 16. Getafe's away form in the competition has been up and down, alternating with wins and losses in their last four outings and their results towards the end of their LaLiga season were poor, with a winless run of five matches and just one win in their last ten. That being said, Getafe did knock Ajax out in the last round and they've kept things tight on the road overall with only three goals conceded in their last five away days in LaLiga. Inter is favourites to win this one-off round of 16 ties and they will make their extra quality show.
🧩 Inter vs Getafe key details
- 🗓 5 August 2020
- 🏟 Veltins-Arena
- ⌚️ 22:00 kickoff (EAT)
🧮 Likely starting XIs
⚫️ Inter (3-4-1-2):
Handanovic; Godin, De Vrij, Bastoni; Candreva, Brozovic, Gagliardini, Young; Barella; Sanchez, Lukaku
⚪️ Getafe (4-4-2):
Chichizola; Suarez, Dakonam, Etxeita, Olivera; Nyom, Arambarri, Maksimovic, Cucurella; Rodriguez, Mata
🔑 Key betting facts
- Inter has lost just one of their last 14 competitive matches (W8, D5), keeping clean sheets in five of the last six
- All but two of Getafe’s last nine UEL games have been settled by a one-goal margin precisely, with four coming via a 1-0 scoreline either way.
- Getafe has trailed at halftime just once this UEL campaign (HT: W3, D4, L1).
- Getafe only conceded three goals in their last five away matches in LaLiga.
- 12 of Getafe's last 14 competitive matches have been settled by either a one-goal margin or finished all square.