Two sides who will be hoping to get themselves into Europa League contention this season meet tonight.
Despite losing at the weekend, Betis remain on top of LaLiga, although having played more games than most of the big guns. Getafe have also made a solid start and will move above their opponents if they can win this game.
🏟 Match context
The hectic nature of the end of last season perhaps didn’t suit Getafe’s high-intensity approach but they’ve looked more like their old selves so far this term. Two games and two clean sheets is much more like it from Jose Bordalas’ side although tougher tests will come than Alaves and Osasuna – their two opponents so far.
Bordalas has opted to pair Jaime Mata and Cucho Hernandez in attack for the opening two games, which suggests that is going to be his first-choice strike pairing, although he does have other options. Mata was on target in the 1-0 win over Osasuna, the only goal in Getafe’s two matches to date. The visit of Betis should see them get a bit more space in the final third in this match with Manuel Pellegrini unlikely to come with the intention of merely parking the bus.
For a brief moment, it looked as though Betis were going to make it three wins from three to start the season on Saturday as they led Real Madrid 2-1. However, Los Blancos benefited from some more dubious refereeing to come back and win the game to the frustration of Los Verdiblancos who will be eager to respond well here in what is a tricky midweek trip.
🔮 Predicted XIs
Predicted Getafe Starting Lineup (4-4-2):
Soria – Olivera, Etxeita, Djene, Suarez – Cucurella, Arambarri, Maksimovic, Nyom – Mata, Unal
Predicted Real Betis Starting Lineup (4-4-2):
Bravo – Moreno, Bartra, Mandi, Montoya – Canales, Carvalho, Rodriguez, Joaquin – Fekir, Iglesias
🔑 Key betting facts
Last 6 Competitive Meetings: 3 Getafe Wins, 1 Betis Win, 2 Draws.
- Betis had 3 players sent off across their 2 games against Getafe last term.
- Getafe won 1-0 at the Coliseum and the sides drew 1-1 in Seville.
- Getafe have taken 10 points from their last 4 league games against Betis overall.
- Getafe’s five home losses last season came against the top five, otherwise, they won eight and drew six.
- Getafe has kept things tight this La Liga season, with their opening two matches (W1, D1) producing just one goal, and subsequently, they are one of only two teams yet to concede.
- Furthermore, seven of their last eight league games featured under 2.5 goals, as have four of their last five LaLiga head to heads with Real Betis (W3, D1, L1). Betis will make things difficult, with the Seville club currently top of the table after three games.
🪐 Futaa tips
📲 Follow Getafe vs Real Betis live on Futaa!