Arsenal will be without the services of David Luiz when they host Dundalk on Thursday evening in the first second match of the Europa League group stage.
Luiz suffered a thigh injury during Arsenal's 1-0 loss to Leicester over the weekend and is set to be assessed ahead of the Premier League match against Manchester United. Thursday's match also comes to early for Rob Holding who is expected to resume full training next week.
Here is the medical report;
Rob Holding: Injury (Right hamstring)
Sustained hamstring strain during the warm-up at Manchester City on October 17. Rob has progressed well and is aiming to be back in full training within the next week.
David Luiz: Injury (Left thigh)
Sustained slight thigh issue during Sunday’s match. Will miss Thursday's match and is being assessed ahead of our match at Manchester United.
Willian: Injury (right calf).
Slight calf issue. Back in full training and available for selection. Continued status on longer-term injuries:
Calum Chambers: Left knee.
Ruptured anterior cruciate ligament of his left knee during Chelsea (h) on December 29.
Latest update on Calum:
• Now back in full training and progressing well towards full match fitness.
Pablo Mari: Left ankle.
Sustained significant sprain to ankle ligaments during Manchester City (a) on June 17.
Latest update on Pablo:
• Continuing outside running and strengthening programme, together with light ball work.
• Aiming to integrate into full training after the November international period.
Gabriel Martinelli: Left knee.
Sustained injury during training on June 21.
Latest update on Gabi:
• Successful arthroscopic procedure undertaken to repair a lesion in the cartilage of the left knee.
• Has now commenced running outside, in addition to daily strengthening and recovery programme at London Colney.
• Aiming to return to full training by the end of the calendar year.
Follow Arsenal vs Dundalk live on Futaa.