Poland and Netherlands square off in Chrozow tonight knowing that they both require victory to retain hope of qualifying for the UEFA Nations League Finals.
Just two points separate first-placed Italy with Poland in third in League A1, and this game is a must-win for both the latter and Netherlands if they hope to overtake the Azzurri.
Here is our preview.
Poland vs Netherlands Match Facts
- Date: Wednesday, 18 November 2020
- Kick-Off at 22.45 EAT
- Venue: Silesian Stadium, Chorzow
The Poles are still in with a chance to qualify for the Championship Playoffs though, with a win on Wednesday night over Netherlands necessary to still be in contention, as their fate will then depend on how Bosnia & Herzegovina fare against current group leaders Italy.
Netherlands were the runners-up in the inaugural edition of the UEFA Nations League, losing out to Portugal narrowly. However, their qualification to the Championship Playoffs is in danger, with the Dutch still a point behind Italy in second place. To qualify, Netherlands would have to win over Poland on Wednesday and hope Italy don’t do so at Bosnia & Herzegovina.
Poland are part of a potential dark horse for the Group of Death in UEFA Euros, with Spain and Sweden alongside them so far in that Group. The Poles would hope to find encouragement and build some sort of momentum within the squad with a potential qualification to the Championship Playoffs of the second iteration of UEFA Nations League A.
Their first meeting in Group 1 this season saw Netherlands narrowly emerge victorious over Poland with a 1-0 scoreline.
🔮 Likely XIs
Poland (4-2-3-1): Szczesny; Bereszynski, Glik, Bednarek, Reca; Krychowiak, Moder; Milik, Zielinski, Grosicki; Lewandowski
Netherlands (4-3-3): Krul; Dumfries, de Vrij, Blind, van Aanholt; van de Beek, Wijnaldum, de Jong; Berghuis, Malen, Depay
🔑 Key stats
- Netherlands have failed to win both of their away games in Group 1 of UEFA Nations League A 2020/21.
- Poland’s last two games have had a red card shown in them for either of the participating teams.
- Poland have a woeful record against Netherlands, winning just 3 of their 16 meetings.
- Georginio Wijnaldum has an absurd strike-rate for Netherlands as a midfielder, scoring 20 goals in 69 games.
- Georginio Wijnaldum has scored 7 of the Netherlands’ last 13 goals.
🪐 Futaa bets
📲 Follow Poland vs Netherlands live on Futaa!