Manchester City and Fulham registered much-needed victories in their last outings and will be eyeing more of the same as the two sides clash at the Etihad.
But with Kun Aguero out, can Gabriel Jesus and Riyad Mahrez lead Pep Guardiola's men to victory?
Here's our preview.
🗞 Brief preview
Pep Guardiola’s men have endured a wildly inconsistent start to the season, taking just 15 points from their opening nine games in a run which has left them 11th in the table.
However, City did thrash Burnley 5-0 in their last Premier League match and were only denied an impressive midweek Champions League away win at Porto thanks to a contentious VAR call. The Citizens will undoubtedly carry plenty of confidence into Saturday’s encounter at the Etihad.
That being said, Fulham will head north on a high themselves having pulled off a remarkable 2-1 win away at fourth-placed Leicester last time out, thanks to goals from Ademola Lookman and Ivan Cavaleiro.
That result lifts them out of the relegation zone and into 17th place on seven points and should banish the memories of prior back-to-back defeats to Everton (3-2) and West Ham (1-0). It’s been an unpredictable start to the 2020/21 campaign, so Scott Parker will be more optimistic than usual of a result in Manchester.
🔮 Likely XIs
Man City (4-3-3):
Ederson; Walker, Stones, Dias, Mendy; De Bruyne, Rodri, Gundogan; Mahrez, Jesus, Sterling
Areola; Reid, Aina, Andersen, Adarabioyo, Robinson; Loftus-Cheek, Reed, Anguissa, Lookman; Cavaleiro
🔑 Key betting facts
- Man City have won their last nine matches against Fulham in all competitions.
- Man City have been winning at both half time and full time in their last seven matches against Fulham in all competitions.
- Man City have kept a clean sheet in their last six home matches against Fulham in all competitions.
- Man City have been winning at both half time and full time in nine of their last 11 home matches in the Premier League.
- Man City have won nine of their last 11 home matches in the top flight.
- Man City have scored at least two goals in their last 10 matches against Fulham in all competitions.
🧠 Futaa bets
📲 Follow Man City vs Fulham live on Futaa!