With Sheffield United rooted to the bottom of the Premier League in mid-December, things need to start turning around pretty quickly for Chris Wilder's team.
📝 Match context
The Blades have made a wretched start to the 2020-21 campaign, collecting just one point from 12 games which sees them eight points adrift of safety at this early stage. After Sunday’s 3-0 defeat at Southampton, it is difficult to see where their first win is going to come from this season.
Opponents Man United are ninth in the table, eight points behind leaders Liverpool with two games in hand. They boast the best away record in the division but they've been slow starters on the road, conceding first in each and every assignment away from Old Trafford.
🔮 Predicted XIs
⚔️ Blades (3-5-2):
Ramsdale; Basham, Egan, Jagielka; Baldock, Berge, Ampadu, Fleck, Lowe; Mousset, Burke
😈 Red Devils (4-2-3-1):
Henderson; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Telles; Matic, Pogba; Mata, Fernandes, Rashford; Martial
🔑 Key stats
- Sheffield United is the first team since Man United in 1930-31 to lose 11+ top-flight matches after 12 rounds.
- Man United has won all five of their away games in the league this season.
- 75% of United’s points this season have come on the road.
- The Red Devils are only the second team in EPL history to score 2+ goals in nine consecutive away games.
- Since signing for the club, Bruno Fernandes has made 40 appearances for Man United in all competitions and directly contributed to 37 goals (23 goals, 14 assists).
- Last season’s corresponding fixture ended 3-3.
- Both teams have scored in five of Man United's last six matches across all competitions, with all five of those contests featuring over 3.5 goals.
✅ Best bet: Both teams to score
📲 Follow Sheffield United vs Man United live