Lionel Messi reached a major milestone in his glittering club career when he scored in Barcelona's 3-0 win over Real Valladolid on Tuesday night.
The Argentine netted the third goal just after the hour mark to continue his good form in from of goal in recent matches.
The strike was also key mark as it saw him reach 644 strikers, one ahead of legendary Brazilian forward, Pele.
Pele scored 643 competitive goals for Santos during a highly successful 18-year period with the Brazilian club, a record that has stood for over 45 years.
Who else is on the list of top scorers with a single club?
Here are the top scorers;
- Lionel Messi - 644 goals with Barcelona
- Pele 643 goals with Santos
- Gerd Müller 570 goals with Bayern Munich
- Fernando Peyroteo 569 goals with Sporting
- Josef Bican 534 goals with Slavia Prague
Messi now has the chance to add even more goals to his name, with the current season not even by the half-way line.